Friday, January 9, 2015

Your yoga

Yoga is your friend in life. Take the time to embrace yoga fully and wholeheartedly and your body will slowly become stronger and more flexible, and your mind more at ease. Yoga is a path toward a more harmonious existence. With a strong body and a peaceful soul, it is easier to manage the everyday world with all its needs. Even situations that may otherwise seem difficult become easier to handle. Yoga helps you to focus on that which is important to you, and you will see that you become both kinder toward yourself and more humble in your surroundings.

For me, yoga is my own time: In yoga I can collect my thoughts and clear away those that are unnecessary. I always take some time before and after my yoga session to meditate over whatever feels important in life. I send my thoughts out to those in need and meditate over what I wish to take place. Try to take some time for yourself to sense how you feel today, and focus on what you wish and think. It’s preferable to do that in connection with your yoga time, before or after you have sat breathing. If you do not have time to do your yoga sequence, then still try to take time each day to be in quietude, and to simply be together with yourself for a while.

Following tradition, in yoga we say a mantra before the session. The mantra honors and reveres the teachers who have led the yoga tradition and made it possible for us to do yoga today. In the mantra we will also discover our true selves by awakening the light that is found in us all. After yoga, we share among us the energy we have gained, and we send it out to all living things. It is a beautiful thought that I hope you can come to share and feel in your path through yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment